Tuesday, November 28, 2023

A recipe for my friend Carlene

 WALDORF SALAD

2 eggs, beaten

1/4 cup sugar

dash salt

2 tablespoons lemon juice

1 cup whipped topping (dairy or non-dairy)

    

Combine eggs, sugar, salt, and lemon juice in top of a          double boiler.  Cook over boiling water, stirring constantly until thick.  Cool.   Fold in whipped topping.


Now, combine all the following and fold into the above dressing:


2 cups chopped apples

1 cup pineapple chunks

1 cup halved grapes

2 bananas, sliced

1/2 cup celery

1/2 cup pecans


Could  it be any easier?  And to think I've only made it twice in the space of thirty-some years.  I'm going to correct that error by Christmas time.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:06 PM

    Hi Donna, my Mother use to make this. It was one of my favorites to eat on Thanksgiving, or Christmas. Thank you for sharing 🎄🦌🎅🏻 Gabrielle Gengler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:11 PM

    Thank you so much Donna!! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That really sounds scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to make this salad too.. kids loved it but when my mother-in-law made it she added grapefruit. The kids moaned and groaned but didn't tell her that grapefruit made it inedible as far as they were concerned!! They are in their 40's and 50's and can still complain about Grandma's fruit salad!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should make it for them sometime. It would take them back to their childhood.

      Delete

I love comments!