Sunday, February 26, 2023

Sunday Stealing

I crack myself up at the way everybody else just answers the questions asked, while I have to write a story for most of the questions.  I doubt if most people even read the whole mess.  They probably leave thinking, "Can't she just answer the question?"  

1. Do you ever have funny dreams at night?  Yes, every once in awhile.  They are only funny because they don't make sense.  A few nights ago, my dream was like this:  I was in my mobile home, looked out the north window that looks over our back yard and pasture, and noticed people in a car in my back yard; I knew they were up to no good.  Next thing I remember, they came in wanting to buy our house, and wanting to see the basement (what basement???).  I turned on the water in a shower that was in a corner of the basement and water came out of pipes from everywhere but the showers.  

2. f you could make a law for your country, what would it be?  The only thing I can think of is a law against assault weapons, but I think that's already in place, which shows you that such laws don't work for crazy people and outlaws.  

3. What would you do if you were invisible for a day?
I'm already pretty invisible most of the time.  I learned at a young age to be invisible to others.  But I would have no wish to literally be invisible.

4. If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be?  I suit myself just fine, and I'd be terrible at being someone else.

5. What would you like to change about yourself?  I wish I were nicer and cared about other people more.

6. What is your daily routine.  My morning routine:  Get out of bed around 4 A.M., go to the bathroom, send Gabe out to pee on the way to put my robe on.  Sometimes Blue the cat follows Gabe when he comes back in.  I feed them both, then do my day's portion of my one-year Bible.  At this time of year, I skip the OldTestament part because it's Leviticus, and I get nothing out of it for myself; it's a bunch of laws for the children of Israel.  I scan over it to make sure I'm not missing something that I'd get anything out of, but that's it.  As soon as I've finished that, I make two cups of coffee, which is a real treat considering I couldn't drink coffee for a year or more when my stomach was giving me fits.  Next I do my Wordle, surf the web including going to CNN.com to check what's going on in the world.  Cliff usually is awake around 7 o'clock and I make his coffee when I hear him rustling around.  Most of my days are very much the same, so I won't bore you with the rest of my day.  You're welcome.
  
7. What would your perfect day be like? What would you be doing?  A perfect day would be in the spring, and I'd be outside in the garden quite a bit, with my dog and cat making me laugh at their antics.

8. How old were you when you learned to read?  I started school at age 5; in my  one-room school in Iowa, it wasn't called Kindergarten, it was called Primary.  I learned to read from the Dick and Jane books.  I do remember earlier, though, trying to figure things out in my Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes book.  I distinctly recall looking at the words Jack and Jill and realizing the sound the letter "J" made.

9. What is the most interesting thing you know?  The way my memory works these days, everything I know is interesting to me!  

10 What makes you nervous?  Constant noise, like a television or radio being on all the time.  Silence is beautiful to me.

11. What is your favourite flower?  Dandelions.  I can identify with them.  Dolly Parten sings a song, "Wildflowers don't care where they grow".  If you take a closeup picture of a dandelion flower, it is beautiful!


12. Have you ever ridden on a horse or any other animal?  I've had several horses, but the last one was the best:  He was a brown horse called Blue, because his whole name was Boogie Midnight Rhythm Blues.  He and I had many adventures.  By the way, he liked dandelions too.  


13. What time do you go to bed?  Usually around 8 P.M. until the days grow longer, then I try to stay awake until at least 9.

14. What time do you get up?  Usually around four.  I like my quiet early morning time.

15. What is something that is always in your refrigerator?  milk, eggs, cheese, condiments, etc.

7 comments:

  1. I think the assault weapons ban expired and there is another bill but I doubt it will pass. Common sense gun laws would probably help (not cure) our culture of violence. They certainly work in other countries and the majority here supports well-regulated gun ownership. However, nothing seems to happen. I don't like constant noise either! My late husband always had to have the TV on, even when he wasn't watching it. Drove me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned to read in Dick and Jane books too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the assault weapon ban was only for 10 years (1994-2004) and was not renewed. While don't love Leviticus, I have read it in the past year, and specifically Lev 25, about the year of jubilee, should be reinstated. And BTW, I sometimes write long answers when the question, or my brain, requires it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think your answers are long. As others have noted, the assault weapons ban expired and since then the violence had increased. I do think sensible gun control laws would help (i.e., insurance required for owning a gun, like owning a car, keeping them out of the hands of domestic violence offenders, etc.). But we're not very sensible in this country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is no assault ban law any more. The gun control people are making sure there won't be again. I'm different from you I have to have the TV on all the time as background noise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many folks do. I've noticed a lot of elderly folks leave their TV on just for the noise, when they live alone.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous7:14 PM

    I agree with Country Dew and yes..the assault weapon law needs to be reinstated. There are too may idiots out there who like to make a splash with violence.! And I am not Anonymous! I am Margie from Margie's Musings.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!