Sunday, February 19, 2023

Sunday Stealing

1. What is the best thing about your birthday?
That I'm still above ground.  When that ceases to be a good thing, I hope my time on earth will cease.

2. What is your favorite thing to do for your birthday?
If we do anything for my birthday, we usually eat out at some place I love.

3. What’s one thing you learned in the past year?
That I'm never going to be a sweet, gentle, giving spirit, no matter how much I'd like to be.  Inside, I will always be a spoiled brat.  I guess it's true, a leopard doesn't change its spots.

4. What do you wish for in the next year?
Peace, health, and security.

5. What’s the best thing about turning a year older?
That I still have my husband here, watching out for me.

6. What was the most fun thing you did in the last year?
I suppose my garden was my most fun thing.  

7. If you could understand any animal, which would it be?
a horse.  If I could understand a horse, I would know how to deal with them.  Not that I'm in any shape to mess with horses these days.

8. What is something that used to be hard, but is now easy?
Let's just say "easier".   Forgiveness.  The reason it has gotten easier is that I am aware of my own nature and realize everyone is different and nobody is perfect... just like me.  You can't expect everybody to live by your rules, so you forgive and accept them.  I have hurt people both knowingly and unknowingly; why would I expect someone else to be any different?

9. If you could only keep one thing in your room, what would it be?
An iPad:  It's a computer, but it's also a way to always have a book to read.  By the way, the book I'm reading now is the best I've read in years:  Demon Copperhead, intended as a modern-day David Copperfield.

10. Which person makes you laugh the most? Why?
My husband, hands down.  He's the one I'm with all the time, and he can always make me laugh.  I also watch some stand-up comedians who really make me laugh, although they are terribly coarse with their humor.  Last night Cliff and I laughed together at Jim Jefferies; I'm ashamed I laughed so hard at some of the extremely vulgar jokes, but laugh I did.  Bill Burr is my favorite standup man.

11. If you could go back in time, when and where would you go?
I don't want to go back in time.  I've had such a good time in my life, why would I want to do anything differently?

12. If you were to bury a secret treasure, where would you bury it?
I have no idea.

13. What is your favorite memory?
Childhood Christmases, trips to Colorado when Cliff and I could walk around a lot, sunrises.  I do love singing songs I wrote at church when I can see the people who are watching and listening understand and light up with smiles.  I always treasure those times as a memory, because I realize that at that particular time, they  get me.  Most of the time, people don't get me.  I am a strange person, so it helps to remember a time like that.

14. How have you helped others lately?
Oh boy.  My husband, I suppose.  I don't have a chance to help many folks, since I stick so close to home.  And I'm so self-centered, I often don't notice people around me needing help.  I could mention the charities I give to, but that's the easy way out.  Anybody can give a little money.

15. If you had to repeat a day over & over, how you'd want it to go?
My days are repetitive already.  Most days are very nearly the same, depending of course on the season.  That isn't a bad thing.

9 comments:

  1. Oh yes. Childhood Christmases! They were the best. Loved your answers. Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were honest answers! Yes, the christmasses. We went to my grandmother with the whole family. The house was crowded!! But it was fun. And the singing!
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think for me, less judgement and more acceptance, even when I don't agree with the decisions. I'm dealing with that right now with my daughters and an estrangement between them. It's hard. I'm glad that you're enjoying "Demon Copperhead." I thought it was a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our children can sometimes break our hearts, even when they're adults.

      Delete
    2. Especially when they're adults.

      Delete
  4. I too have no desire to go back in time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm a lot more self-centered than I'd like to admit. Learning to live with it, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!