Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Happy Valentines Day

If you know me, you know we don't make a big deal about holidays, birthday, and so forth.  When Cliff gets up this morning I'll tell him how lucky he is that he got a truck for Valentines Day.  He got me a bag of Ghirardelli candy a week ago and I had it gone in five days.  I told him that was my Valentine gift.  I'm so smitten by those foil-wrapped, globe-shaped candies that I can't stop eating them, which is the only reason I don't go ahead and let him buy them for me every week; he does offer, every time we're in a store.  It kills me to say no, but I don't need to be buying a whole new wardrobe.  I'm still carrying my seasonal extra weight around anyhow.

We had a nice visit in Creve Coeur, a part of St. Louis, visiting Cliff's youngest sister and her husband.  Between the fact that her husband had some long-lasting medical problems and the Covid situation for two years, we hadn't seen them forever!  Cliff's older sister drove her car and we rode with her.  We went and came back in the same day, but had fun seeing all the things they've done in and around her house in the past two years or more.  Maybe now we can see them more often.

Cliff's older sister, Rena, took this picture and I took one for Rena so she'd have a picture she was in.

As you can see, I had my #87 lucky shirt on the day before the big game, although the number is rather scrunched up, the way I'm sitting.  Sunday when the Eagles got so far ahead of the Chiefs, I dug that shirt out of the dirty clothes and put it on for luck... and the Chiefs won!  No, I'm not superstitious, just having fun with it.

Cliff will have his favorite food for dinner after while:  spaghetti!  I've been standing in the kitchen making the sauce, then making a lemon pie (one of MY favorites, my sister's recipe).  I think I'll stay seated for a while until my knees stop complaining.  Later I need to spend my half-hour on the recumbent bike; Cliff's on it right now.

There's been a light rain all day today.  Tomorrow is the Chief's victory parade; Kansas City even let school out for that, and so did our little town of Wellington.  Yesterday was like spring, but that's over for a few days.

I think that's all I have to say today, so I'll bid farewell for now.

4 comments:

  1. Larry always got me Valentine candy, the biggest one usually but I figured out it was because he loved it. Happy ♥️ Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although not much of a football fan, I did root for the Chiefs since they are the closest to me and thought of you when they won.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creve Coeur, Broken Heart, in French--what a coincidence on V-Day. What fun to get together with family after a long time apart! I have a weakness for chips but can resist candy (usually). Don't put any Crunchy cheetos around me! Congrats on the KC win, well-deserved. That second half was amazing. An excellent game, exciting for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You weren't too far from me when you were in Creve Coeur! It was a great football game.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!