Sunday, February 05, 2023

Sunday Stealing

Three names you go by, other than your given name:  Sweet Pea, Mosie, Mom

Three things you like about yourself:  My cooking skills, memories of childhood, and my love of Jesus

Three things you don't like about yourself:  1. Sometimes my words hurt people when I don't intend them to do so; I need to think before I talk.  2.  Judgemental thoughts that come to my mind about someone when I know I'm no better than the person I'm judging.  3.  my laziness. 

Three parts of your heritage:  British, Scottish, and hillbilly.  

Three things you are wearing right now:  A soft, warm housecoat, house slippers, and  my wedding band; I just got out of the shower.  :D

Three favorite bands/musical artists:  Dolly Parton, Merle Haggard, and Gene Watson.

Three favorite songs:  Coat of Many Colors, Choices, and Great Day to be Alive.  Now to be honest, nobody can select only three; these just happened to come to mind.  The same goes for the previous question.  

Three things you want in a relationship:  Someone who truly loves me and puts up with my weird self, for better or worse.  That's all, and I was lucky enough to find him.

Three of your favorite hobbies:  gardening, playing on the Internet, and reading.  Fifty years ago I would have said riding my horse, milking cows and raising their calves, and going for long walks.

Three things that scare you:  The state of the world:  So many people taking drugs, so many killing others, and power-mongering rulers of most countries.

Three of your everyday essentials:  pets, some time to be alone, and books (including the Bible)

Three places you want to go on vacation:  I don't really care to vacation these days.  Travel east, travel west; after all, home is best.

Three careers you have considered/are considering:  I'm 78, and really never considered careers.  I'm not much of a planner. 

Three things you want to do before you die:  I believe I've accomplished everything I've wanted already.  Now I just enjoy living each day, hoping to do no harm to anyone through words or deeds.

Three things you want to do really badly right now:  Be a better person than I am and maybe write one or two songs that means something, the way I used to. 


11 comments:

  1. It's interesting how life changes as we age. We get more comfortable staying home and our hobbies get less physical and more mental/spiritual. (not always by choice!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Larry loved Gene Watson, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing he can still sing as great as he did when he was young.

      Delete
  3. I didn't realize hillbilly was an option on that question! I enjoyed reading your answers today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a better person is ALWAYS a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answers. I particularly llked what scares you...I didn't think in terms of the world, but you are certainly right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. (I LOVE your photo!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The two of them were watching some far away dogs in the pasture.

      Delete
  7. Being alone as an essential should have been mentioned in my list too. I always take some time alone after everyone has gone to bed.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get my alone time early in the morning.

      Delete
  8. I found myself nodding to your answers. I love your down to earth and practical answers. I too am thankful each day I am here and for what I have. Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!