Thursday, March 03, 2022

Thursday Thirteen

 Thursday Thirteen:  Things that make my dog happy.

1.  His two meal-times each day.  It's supposed to be 4:30 morning and evening.  Lately I've been sleeping until after 5 A.M., though.  Thank goodness he doesn't wake me up when I oversleep.

2.  Barking to alert us there's a dog coming to kill us, or to tell me my Amazon order has arrived.  He also goes crazy when he sees Cliff coming to the house from the shop; apparently he thinks my husband can't always be trusted.

3.  Jumping on all the laps of visitors who would rather not have a dog on their lap.

4.  Going bye-bye in the car.

5.  Eating the cat food when I forget to put it up.

6.  Walking with me in the pasture and woods.

7.  Peeing on mole-hills.

8.  Nosing around the rotten trash that falls out of the burn barrel.

9.  Attacking Klouse, the Doodle dog next door, when he comes to visit, snarling and growling like he's going to kill him.  Klouse is not bothered at all by this behavior.  

10.  Children.  He loves children.  Unfortunately, some of them don't care for him jumping up on them.  His favorite kid is Cora, the eight-year-old we used to babysit.  Even if we haven't see her for three months, when I know she is coming and say, "Cora's coming," he'll stay at the window and watch until she shows up.  When she arrives, he sticks to her like glue.

11.  Smelling other dogs' poop.  I'm pretty sure all dogs do that.

12.  Playing with Blue, the cat.  They chase one another and have a great time.  In fact, sometimes Blue taunts him from another room to get him to attack, or surprises him by sneaking up behind him and jumping on his back.  

13.  Food.  Unfortunately, he swallows everything whole.  I pay a fortune for his dog food and treats, but he never really tastes it because he doesn't chew it.

13.  Me.

Today I planted carrots, peas, radishes, beets, lettuce, and cabbage seeds.  It's very dry and windy, so I watered the rows with watering cans after I planted them.  I've done a lot of tilling, too.  Cliff took some pictures.

Turning at the end of a row is the hardest part of tilling, but it isn't all that hard.


This is Mama Kitty's favorite resting place.  This tractor is housed in the garage at the end of our trailer house.  Cliff sometimes leaves the garage doors open just for her.



6 comments:

  1. If I was there, I’d take a turn plowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! You've got fun critters living there! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such an interesting life. I am alone so I have to do things out of town to visit friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you have happy critters and that is important. I'm sure their happiness comes back to you in spades.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos and Mama looks blissful. Gabe is such a character! I love animals with personalities, even if they're sometimes naughty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was such fun to read, Donna. Your furry friend sounds like a very loving and fun companion.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!