Sunday, March 20, 2022

Sunday Stealing

1. Do you like sushi?  I've never tasted it and don't want to; my daughter said I'd like it, but there are too many other good things to eat.  Why would I eat raw fish unless a wrecked ship is in the picture?

2. What color is your car?  The Honda we're leasing is some shade of white.  My husband has always preferred white vehicles.  He says they don't show dirt as much.

3. What is your favorite thing about the place where you live?  How shall I count the ways?  There are over forty acres to walk on and there's a place for a garden.  Before I got so old, I had, at various times, horses, pigs, cows, goats, and chickens.  Living here is what has kept me happy and somewhat sane.

4. Are there brands of certain items that you will ONLY buy that brand? Ie paper towels, ketchup etc.  Cliff is more particular about name brands than I am.  He insists on Hunts Ketchup, not Hunts.  He favors Pace Picante Sauce.  And we do buy Charmin unless we go to Costco, then we buy their brand.  Actually, Cliff is more particular about toilet paper, too.

5. Are you allergic to any food? Animals? Plants? Medicines?  Not that I know of.  My husband is allergic to chickens and other birds.  He cleaned out a birdhouse for me the other day and came back itching. And he had a terrible reaction to penicillin years ago.  

6. Have you ever been stung or bitten by an animal?  Yes to both.  Anyone who has wondered around barefoot all summer is bound to step on a bee from time to time.  I've been bitten by a cat and a dog.  Also by a horse one time.

7. Do you have a favorite bird? Do you feed the bird at your house or the park?  I like hummingbirds and bluebirds best.  I can't feed the hummingbirds because the ants always spoil the nectar, and I can't have houses for Bluebirds because sparrows take over.  

8. What would you recommend binging on Netflix or similar?  We don't have Netflix at present, we have Hulu.  Neither of us like most of the new shows.  We watch M.A.S.H., Frasier, and NYPD Blue.  We both like a lot of documentaries.  I don't know when we've binged anything. 

9. What is your proudest achievement?  I'm really not proud of any achievements I can think of.  I am not a person who "tries hard" and "does her best".  I just wander around in a fog and what happens, happens, hoping nobody notices.  I'm not an achiever.

10. Do you have or are you from a big family?  I am the only living child my mother gave birth to, but when she married my father she gained a son and a daughter from my dad's first wife, who died in childbirth.  It's a long story, but my half-brother didn't live with them until he was twelve.  By the time I was a toddler, they had both left home.

11. What do you do for exercise?  I walk in the pasture and woods behind our house when the weather is right.  When it isn't, I ride half an hour on our recumbent bike.  I get pretty good exercise from gardening sometimes, too.

12. What would be your favorite breakfast? (You didn’t have to cook it yourself.)  Waffles or scrambled eggs with hot sauce, wrapped in a tortilla.  But most mornings I have half a cup of Grape Nuts with milk, no sugar, and some kind of fruit.

13. Is there an item that you really want but can not afford?  I haven't wanted a lot of expensive things.  We are living in a twenty-year-old trailer house we bought used, and I'm fine with that.  My guitar was expensive, and some of the animals I've had in the past; but for the most part, I've gotten everything I wanted, thanks to my loving husband:  I live in the country where I can garden and go for walks.  I've had the animals I wanted and loved.  There were some of those things that we could barely afford, but I have to say I got most of the things I wanted, and everything I've needed.  I wish I could afford to let a dentist do all the things they want to for my teeth, but we don't have enough money in the bank to do half of what they want to do.  I figure it's what I deserve for not taking care of my teeth the way I should have.  I would love to see more of the United States, but we can't afford much travel; that's the only thing I can think of that I really want, but can't afford.  At the age I am now, I don't grieve about such things; I simply count my blessings, trust God, and move on.

14.  What was the farthest distance you made for your holidays?  We have driven to Oklahoma a few times for Thanksgiving or Christmas, but that was some time ago.  We didn't travel for the holidays this year.  

15. Are you afraid of speaking in public?       Yes.
 


14 comments:

  1. Interesting post. I won't even begin to try to answer all your questions though

    ReplyDelete
  2. So if someone points out two cakes, one you’ve had before and one you’ve never tasted, and says the new cake is the best they have ever had, you wouldn’t try it because there are “too many good things to eat” already? I don’t buy that answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I guess the real answer is "I am NOT going to eat raw fish. I want my meat of any kind to be cooked."

      Delete
  3. All interesting answers but I did laugh at #1. My Dad was ship wrecked for several days and one day a dead fish floated near his overturned boat. He ate it and said it was the best he'd ever had but you couldn't get him near sushi when it became popular so circumstances do matter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1. You will be surprised. I've said this to other people who say they would never try sushi - but it's true. I wasn't sure but I absolutely love it.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sushi isn't always raw fish. California rolls aren't. That said, I HAVE tried it several times and hated it. I'd still like to get to Ireland and New Zealand but if I don't, I'll just watch travelogues of those places and be satisfied with that. I'm particular about TP too; the time Older Daughter brought back one ply from the store was quite a drama.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are an accomplished singer, writer, and guitar picker. Be proud. You’re a good cook too. You are kind. Lots of accomplishments to your credit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes Bluebirds! It is our state bird and I rarely see them. They are so beautiful. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm visiting for the first time...popped over from Sunday Stealing...and I enjoyed your answers to the questions and getting to know a bit about you and your life. It sounds rather idyllic to this country-girl-at-heart. I will be back again to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I forgot to mention that we have to have Peet's French Roast coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wouldn't eat the sushi, either!

    ReplyDelete
  11. M.A.S.H. is one of my all time favorite shows.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm visiting from Sunday Stealing. I haven't tried sushi either and I don't think I plan to do so. My kids and husband like it. My husband loves sashimi . . .I don't want raw meat of anykind.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No way will I try Sushi unless I am starving. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!