Friday, March 15, 2013

Name suggestions for the calf so far

Savannah
Alice
Spring
Molly
Dixie
Penny
Ellie
Bitty
Mosie
Rose
Moonica
Cuddles
Hailey Heifer
Angel
Buttercream Mint (??????) 
Belle
Jorja
Olivia
Savannah
Alice
Spring
Molly
Dixie
Precious
Olivia
Caramel
Bnana Baby
Tootie
Buttercup
Nadia
London
Taffy
Ginger Snap

Now, I have a favorite as well as a couple of runner-up favorites, but I won't try to influence the vote.  We are NOT voting yet, so if you have a name suggestion for the new baby, let me know in a comment, on Facebook (if we are friends there) or in an email sometime today.  I'm not letting this go on too long, because I want to be able to start calling her something besides No-name when I feed her.  
I'm doing something a little different with her:  Milk replacer for calves is pretty expensive, and they don't really do quite as well on it as on real milk.  I don't want to milk twice a day like I used to, but I have decided that for a while I am going to separate Jody from her calf every evening and milk her every morning.  So each morning No-name will get real milk, straight from the cow.  In the evening I'll mix up milk replacer for her.  With a baby calf on the place, I won't be going anywhere overnight anyway.  Jody is easy to milk.  I might as well be milking.  
Stay tuned for baby chickens, too.  We won't bother naming those.

5 comments:

  1. Suggest name : Buttercup

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Hailey. What about Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have four favorites on your list. Since we're not voting yet I won't reveal them.
    (I won't suggest any new names, because the list is already quite long)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know it was such a science to naming calves. ;) I would just probably call her Baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first thought was Toffee, or Taffy
    Vikki in CA

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!