Wednesday, March 20, 2013

It's the first day of spring, time for romance

The bull hasn't gotten more than three feet away from Jody in the last forty-eight hours, and he is still following her everywhere.  Jody was bred on Mother's Day the previous time.  Looks like she's being bred on the first day of spring this time.  She could possibly have her next calf on Christmas.  

We went to Orscheln and bought ten baby chicks.  At least, that's how many we paid for.  Unfortunately, when we got home I found there were only eight in the box.  I called, and they are going to make it good.  Of course, this requires a twenty-mile trip to Richmond, but who's counting?  There will be pictures of chicks at some point.  

Anybody want to guess what's going on here?  


7 comments:

  1. No, but it doesn't look good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are they 'tagging' the ear?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dehorning :) I. Have followed you for way to long to not know what that is

    ReplyDelete
  5. or shots and wormed...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like another baby calf will be on the way. You are going to have quite a nursery there. Looks like quite a tussle going on there. As I'm from the city I wouldn't begin to guess. Will wait to see who got it right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You asked a question on your latest post about your picture, I get the header picture and a notice saying, "Sorry the page you are looking for in this blog does not exist"

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!