Thursday, March 28, 2013

I never knew I walked so much!

I will admit that today was a busier day than normal.  But here you are, the results for today.  
Yes, I've walked seven miles, and the day isn't quite over.  Yesterday I checked to see exactly how long our daily walk is, and was disappointed to learn it's only 1.75 miles.  Keep in mind, though, that this isn't a flat indoor surface.  There are several steep hills to climb.  
Our weather was perfect, so I was pretty active:  I tilled the garden, led two calves around with a halter (one for the first time, so she was NOT willing), walked out to fix an electric fence that had been compromised.  
A cow will usually walk up to an electric fence, touch her nose to it, get zapped, back up, and leave.  Horses, however, will just take off running because it's springtime and life is good.  They don't see the electric fence wire and run right through it.  They get shocked, but they are running so fast they go right on through.  It takes a new horse awhile to figure out where the electric fence is.  So today poor Zoey paid her dues.  

By the way, I am very proud that Cliff and I have been walking at least five days a week, every week, since 2005.  Only 30% of the population exercises regularly, and the percentage is even less for senior citizens.


  I will be planting potatoes on Good Friday.  That's a good thing.


I like this.  It makes me think about my readers, my fellow bloggers, my family, and my Facebook friends.  Think about it.

And finally, because we ALL know it's true:

5 comments:

  1. Your walking is awesome--my dad is a good exerciser, but not my mom. (and she really needs to since she's diabetic) Glad that you're getting some better weather for outside work and recreation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is FANTASTIC. All that walking is good for you. I've dropped off a bit here cause my knees have been bothering me. Hopefully better weather will make it easier to walk even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get those potatoes planted. Here the ground is frozen and no planting going on. You do walk a lot. I had to give up walking steep hills. Although I do the stairs here several times a day and have found that is good exercise. Happy Good Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter tracks her steps every day. It is amazing how it all adds up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVED ALL OF THE PICTURES, THE LAST ONE MADE ME LAUGH!!! BECAUSE WE DO KNOW...IT IS THE TRUTH!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!