Thursday, March 07, 2013

Back to our normal walk

Two days ago, Cliff and I decided to get back to walking, even though we couldn't take our normal route.  We started out following tracks he had left with the tractor, then we walked down our dead-end road and back.  Yesterday we discovered that the snow had melted and frozen back so that it held our weight:  we could walk on top of the snow!  We walked most of our usual route.  Oh, it wore us out, because walking in or on top of snow takes a lot more effort.  Today we managed to do our whole route, walking early to beat the thaw that's coming.  

In places where the snow wasn't deep, we can see the ground.  

There's such a thick crust, we walked on top of the snow, for the most part.  

Iris loves our walk.

So does Mama Kitty.

Good news!  Looks like we have enough hay to last until grass grows again.  Keep in mind these are not the huge bales you usually see in the fields.  These aren't more than half that size.  But I think we have enough.

5 comments:

  1. You are a brave soul walking on the frozen snow. I'm afraid I'd be slipping and sliding all over the place. I'm hibernating till it warms up. That may just be this weekend. I'm looking forward to getting out for a walk.
    Glad the hay is lasting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like the crunch of snow under your feet during the winter. HAY! HAY! that's great you have enough to hold you until spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are brave to walk on top of the snow. I would be afraid I would fall in!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you could get back to your daily walks. I love crunchy snow -- not so much when it starts to melt though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear you have enough hay! I am so ready to get back to my regular walks. Indoor walks are ok.. but not my fave. Iris and Mama Kitty are simply gorgeous. Enjoy the big thaw! :) -Tammy

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!