Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Garden report

 That's a BIG bucket.  Looks like I'll can some green beans today; there ought to be six or seven quarts. 


 I am still in awe of my tomato vines.  It's been thirty years, literally, since I've had plants behave as well as these have.

 Every vine is loaded with tomatoes.


 There's no sign of blight, even at the base of the plants.  Somebody pinch me and wake me up; I must be dreaming. 


 This is my largest zucchini, a couple of inches long.  I'm sure the squash bugs are hiding someplace, waiting for me to get my hopes up before they kill my vine-y crops.  


 Baby cucumbers have set on.


 Baby eggplants are looking good.


There are enough baby peppers that I would be able pick a peck and pickle them if I so desired, once they attain full size.  


Do you think there might be ratatouille in my future?  And maybe some Russian eggplant salsa?  
One thing I did not get a picture of was the cabbage, but there is plenty of cabbage ready.  I have never made kraut, but I think I'm going to try my hand at it this year.  It looks simple; the only fear I have is that I might not cut it thin enough.  But what have I got to lose?



5 comments:

  1. It looks like all your watering has paid off. If nothing else you'll be eating well. I used to make entire meals of nothing but vegetables from the garden. I may have used some ham or bacon to flavor my beans but still it was all delicious. Sounds like you'll be busy canning!

    Have a terrific Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you hit the jackpot this year! Hope you got lots and lots of Mason jars handy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness everything is thriving. It took a bit of luck, but your gardening skills helped too. The yield on those tomatoes is going to be amazing. ENJOY each and every bite of each and evry thing. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden is looking great!!! It makes me want some fresh vegetables!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!