I haven't done one of these in a long time. Here goes:
1. What is the first movie you remember watching in a theater? Probably something with Abbott and Costello. My mom took me to all their movies, as well as Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis movies and the Ma and Pa Kettle ones. My mom obviously liked to laugh. However, in Iowa in the late 40's, people would set up benches in an empty lot or somebody's big yard, and a guy with a projector would come along and show movies outside. I recall seeing Dagwood and Blondie movies that way.
2. Was the first phone you ever used a rotary or push-button style phone? I'm so old, the first phones I ever used had a crank on the side. My parents were the telephone operators, remember?
3. Was the first car you owned new or used? I've never driven, so I guess the first car I ever owned would be the one Cliff had when we got married... a 1963 Ford.
4. When did you first think you knew for certain what you wanted to do when you grew up? I'm still trying to decide.
5. How old were you the first time you set foot on an airplane? About 54 years old. My first commercial airplane trip was to Kentucky to a reunion with chat room friends. When I was in my 30's, I went on one brief ride on a little bitty airplane owned by Cliff's boss, but that one hardly counts.
6. What’s the first book that you read and really enjoyed? If we're talking about little kid books, it would be "The Little Engine That Could" and "Little Black Sambo". The first big book with chapters I remember reading was "The Bobbsey Twins".
If you want to play, be sure to leave the link to your entry at Patrick's Place in the comment section. Or, you can answer the questions in his comment section, or in mine.