1. Ironing: It's against my religion.
2. Iraq: My son served there during Desert Storm.
3. Ice storms: Missouri gets its share of them.
4. Idea: Whose bright idea was this Thursday Thirteen thing, anyhow? (Just kidding, of course; or I wouldn't be doing it.)
5. Iambic pentameter: Shakespeare used it often.
Shall I compare thee to a Summer's day?6. Iris: A flower so easy to grow that even I can't kill it.
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And Summer's lease hath all too short a date:
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And oft' is his gold complexion dimm'd;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance or nature's changing course untrimm'd:
But thy eternal Summer shall not fade
Nor lose possession of that fair thou owest;
Nor shall Death brag thou wanderest in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou growest:
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.
7. Iris Dement: Everybody knows I love her music.
8. Indian: I always wished I were an Indian.
9. "Is It Raining At Your House?" One of my favorite songs by Vern "the Voice" Gosdin.
10. Idiots: Describes a few people I know.
11. Irate: That's what I get when surrounded by idiots.
12. "It Happened One Night". One of my all-time favorite movies, the original "chick flick", made in 1934. Since I have DVR now, I caught it on Turner Classics the other night and watched it yesterday. Here's my favorite part, the hitchhiking scene:
13. Imagination: I feel sorry for people who don't have one.