1. Lucky: I prefer the term "blessed", but yes, I consider myself lucky. If I were to die tonight, I feel life doesn't owe me a thing. It's been a great ride.
2. Libby: One of the most positive experiences I've had with horses was with a filly named Libby. I didn't succeed in breaking her to ride, but she left me a much better person for knowing her. That little lady had heart. I was blessed to have spent time with her.
3. Lemon pie: My sister's recipe is the best. You'll find that recipe HERE.
4. Liberty, Missouri: My husband works there.
5. Liver: We had beef liver this week (another of the things my husband shouldn't be eating). The liver came from a steer we recently butchered whose name was Meatloaf. The liver-and-onions were delicious.
6. Lexington, Missouri: A nearby city that's jam-packed with history. A Civil War battlefield, the Anderson House museum, and lots of antebellum homes.
7. Lionel Richie: I discovered him late in life, but one of his songs is part of a favorite memory: my daughter, driving, took me to Georgia to see my son graduate boot camp; on the way home she was fighting sleep, and a certain song came on the radio: "Come on, Mom," she said. "Sing it with me." Here's the song:
8. Life: "I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose LIFE in order that you may live, you and your descendants..." Deuteronomy 30:19
9. lettuce: The lettuce I planted in my garden in February is up and growing.
10. loner: That's me.
11. Luke: My favorite of the four Gospels.
12. love: "But now we still have faith, hope, love, these three; and the greatest of these is love." I Corinthians 13:13
13. Lyndsay: My youngest grandchild. My little Georgia peach. Here's a picture of her riding my big horse, Blue, last July: