Saturday, March 07, 2009

fifteen albums

I got this from Astoria Oregon Rust.

"There has been a Meme going around where Bloggers list the fifteen most influential recordings in their lives."

Here are my fifteen, in no particular order:

1. "The Freewheelin’ Bob Dylan"
2. "The Way I Should": Iris Dement
3. "Dreamin’ My Dreams": Waylon Jennings
4. "We Come Rejoicing": Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir
5. "Custer Died For Your Sins": Floyd “Red Crow” Westerman
6. "Orange Blossom Special": Johnny Cash
7. "Bitter Tears": Johnny Cash
8. "Woody Guthrie’s Library of Congress Recordings"
9. "Red-headed Stranger": Willie Nelson
10. "In The Wind": Peter, Paul and Mary
11. "Me and Bobby McGee": Kris Kristofferson
12. "The Kitty Wells Story": Kitty Wells
13. "Bridge Over Troubled Water": Simon and Garfunkel
14. "The Jesus Record": Rich Mullins
15. "The Everly Brothers’ Best"

Some of the songs on these albums made me look at life from a different perspective. Some made me sympathize with the plights and causes of others. Several made me want to write songs so badly I could taste it. And one, The Kitty Wells album, is on the list because the first songs I could chord on the guitar were the songs from that album. I think none of the songs required more than three chords. Of course, that was true of most country music back then.

1 comment:

I love comments!