Saturday, August 05, 2023

This and that

Some of you have been wondering about my husband's health.  Well, I'm wondering along with you; he had the MRI of his chest done, but he doesn't go to the doctor to see what it showed until August 23.  However, I suggested he go ahead and use his inhalers the other day when he had that tell-tale wheezy whistle and was having a time breathing.  Surprise, surprise!  It helped him.   

I've been slacking off lately with my blog because I'm spending so much time in the garden and storing up the garden products.  The squash bugs finally found the butternut squash vines, but I have several squash from the vines, anyway.  Several weigh from four to five pounds.

The spots on that one on the left of middle is just dirt.  I should have cleaned it up.  I need to get those small potatoes off the cardboard and into the house where I might use them.  The good-sized potatoes are already inside.  I pulled up three of the tomato plants that had the worst blight.  So far the others continue to give us delicious fruits.

I have a reunion to go to tomorrow, and will be taking corn I picked yesterday in a crock pot, potato salad using my garden potatoes and onions, and possibly green beans in a crock pot.  I'll take some tomatoes too.

I added something to the last post, but since most folks have already been to that page, I'll put this addition right here, too.


Thanks to my husband's suggestion to Arick, there won't be any more digging when the tank is full.  The waste removal man will simply stick a hose in there to suck the nastiness out through that PVC pipe.

NO MORE DIGGING!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that Cliff's inhaler helps him out. I hate the wait to find out results of medical tests. Ugh. What an excellent suggestion about the pipe! That will be so much less work (and expense?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We couldn't have done it before because of the junk we used for a cover.

      Delete

I love comments!