Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Guess who's back?

Yesterday I decided on potato soup for dinner. I usually tell Cliff what we'll be eating at noon if I've decided what it'll be before he leaves the house; most days I have decided by then, because he doesn't often go out to the shop until  between 9:30 and 10:30 AM. That means if the noon meal is going to take much time, I've already started it by the time he's out the door. At least half our meals are warmed-up leftovers, though. Today it was potato soup and corn bread, made yesterday. I had informed Cliff that I was going to make a small batch of soup because although I like it, I don't want to eat it all week. I have a real problem making a "small" amount of soup, even when I start out with good intentions. It's OK, though, we finished it today, and it really tasted good. I wanted the leftover ratatouille out of the refrigerator, so we shared the last of that. It's a strange thing to serve when you are having potato soup, but we didn't mind. It will likely be the last ratatouille this year; with cold temperatures coming Sunday, I don't think there will be any more eggplants growing big enough to use. 

 I have good news!  Mama Kitty was back, an hour late for her supper last night; I'm sure Her Majesty didn't want to appear over-eager.  I had the food ready and waiting, and she tried to act finicky, but failed.  She was grooming herself in the first picture, then decided to take a nap on the porch, in the second.



And here's one of her a taken a week ago.


I took a short video when I was hanging out with Gabe and Blue this morning.




 Bye for now.

4 comments:

  1. Great news about Mama Cat. I love potato soup when it gets to this time of year. I also have trouble (as in I can't) cut down the amount of chili or potato salad I make. I only know one way to do it, so I give away some of the left overs. That way everyone is happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Mama Kitty is back. Perhaps she went to visit relatives for a cup of tea and biscuits. :-) ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard to make a small pot of soup and I always have leftovers. Cooking for one isn't easy after cooking for a large family for years. But I love leftovers and have them often. Glad mama kitty remembered where home was. She looks happy to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad Blue came back. I love cats and dogs and can't have either in this apartment. Yesterday my landlady had new flooring put down and I am so happy with it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!