Tuesday, October 27, 2020

I'm just not in the mood to blog

I just couldn't get myself in the mood today to do a big entry about our visit to Georgia.  Jet lag?  I can't imagine why, since it's only a two-hour flight from Atlanta to Kansas City.  I'd rather think this early snowfall numbed me and made me lazy.  I will do my best to share pictures and stories tomorrow.  It's cold and gloomy outside, so perhaps I have a touch of winter depression.  It's going to warm up gradually, and there will be sunshine by the weekend! 

My sister Maxine called to tell me she has some health issues:  She got sick a few days ago and was taken to the hospital; the doctor said she has a couple spots on her pancreas.  She's back home now, but they'll get her into a different hospital sometime in the next few days for an MRI and a biopsy; the hospitals are overloaded due to Covid.  Whether it's cancer or not, she will have to be operated on.  I'd appreciate prayers for my almost-93-year-old sister.  She came through a couple of major surgeries before, and I hope and pray this goes well for her.  Her attitude is accepting but positive.  As she told me, "Everybody has to die sometime, and we all know I won't be around forever."

She is the one remaining link to my childhood.  She took her turn walking the floor with me when I had colic in 1944.   

I leave you with a picture of two of the baby Tennessee Walking Horses next door.


  

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about feeling blue. My 92 year old dad appears to be failing, and that causes a lot of worry and stress. Hoping for good news about your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww ((((Donna)))), you can COUNT on prayers for your sister from me. She sounds like she has a beautiful disposition about the whole thing, that's for sure. Bless her heart. I will pray for you too, my friend. And please don't blog if you don't feel like it. This is supposed to be enjoyable not only for us, your readers, but for you too. Just go with the flow. We'll always be here. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, I sure will pray for your sister. I’ve had the blues this week too so far. It shall pass as it always does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will sure add your sister to my prayer list. It's so hard not being there and praying for the best. We have snow here too and it stayed from the first snow fall. Ugh! But, its supposed to warm up to the low 40's by next week, We will see what happens, but I still have flowers, now dead of course, in my flower bed. Yikes! Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!