Thursday, December 01, 2011

License to Pawn

That's the book I just finished reading.  It's under two hundred pages, and an easy read.  I loved it, but of course Cliff and I are big fans of "Pawn Stars" on the History channel.  I think this book would be interesting for anybody, though.  Rick writes about various experiences he's had running a pawn shop in Las Vegas, and brother, he's had some strange ones.  If you're a fan, you will enjoy the fact that there's chapter devoted to each of the guys on the show (Rick, Old Man, Big Hoss, and Chumley) telling about their growing-up years.  


I checked it out on my Nook from the local library, so you shouldn't have to go buy a copy to read it.  I haven't returned it yet because Cliff's reading and enjoying it.
As a result of the TV show, the gang has T-shirts, bobblehead dolls, and other items of interest to sell on their website.


Can you believe Chumlee souvenirs are the most popular ones?  Seriously, would you want a picture of this guy on your T-shirt?


For the paltry sum of $40, you can have both of these objects.  Go ahead, you KNOW you want them!

2 comments:

  1. NERVES05 (NANCY)7:14 AM

    I LOVE THAT SHOW TO. I ALSO LOVE AMERICAN PICKERS. AND THERE'S ALSO ONE THAT HAS AN AUCTION I CAN'T REMEMBER THE NAME OF THE SHOW THOUGH. HE'S GOOD AND REALLY CUTE TO. SO IT'S A WIN WIN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents are crazy about the PAWN STARS guys. They are interesting characters for sure. I LOVE the American Pickers too. Sounds like a good book. Loved seeing Cliff reading your Nook. Can't get my hubby to touch my Kindle. LOL Take care.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!