Sunday, July 22, 2007

Selfish me

I had no sooner finished with the previous entry when I saw a problem with my sentiments: It's all about me, me, me.

At my age, with eternity looking me right in the eye, I should be thinking, "My time is limited; what can I do to make the world a better place?" Or, "What can I do for my fellow man?"

Oh no, not me! I'm just concerned with having all the fun I possibly can before I die. Must be a result of being my mother's only birth-child, or the baby of the family.

Hmmm, I'll have to think on this awhile.

Added later: OK, I've pondered awhile. Nothing changed. Sorry.

4 comments:

  1. Eh... I'm with you! As I get older I find I'm actually getting -more- selfish! I no longer automatically volunteer for things and I'm much more concerned about what -I- want to do. {sigh} I wonder if that makes us bad people?? ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am finally learning how to say NO to things now that I am older. I don't think that makes me selfish, it's just self preservation. I used to say yes to everything and then gripe about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:05 AM

    Baloney! You are not selfish, you are finally taking some time for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What could be wrong with enjoying life? Plenty of people do good works and enjoy their time on earth too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!