Thursday, July 12, 2007

things seen on a horseback ride

I've been riding in the mornings lately to beat the heat. Yesterday turned off cool, so I was able to take an afternoon ride for a change, and actually see people awake and working down on the Missouri River bottoms. (Click on the pictures for a larger view.)

Dozers are fixing the levee where it blew out during the spring floods.


Almost home, I saw this vulture sitting near the road kill he'd found for his supper. He wasn't the least bit camera-shy. Everyone has been talking about the unusual number of raccoons this year; farmers are trapping and killing them like crazy, and the vultures are loving it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh poor little raccoons! I have one that keeps the bird feeder leftovers cleaned up. Why do the farmers kill them? I used to feed them marshmallows and stuff until I ended up with about ten coming to my back door every night!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!