Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas fun (and my surprise gift from a reader)

Since we got out of the whole gift-trading thing, Christmas is very relaxed and enjoyable around here.  
Yesterday evening the daughter and her husband dropped by, right after grandson Arick and his girl friend, Heather, came over (with a nice little surprise for me, bless their little pea-pickin' hearts).  We thought Cliff was never going to join us; he had some Craigslist people outside, talking his leg off.  Unfortunately, they didn't buy anything, but that's OK, because Cliff got a lead on a local tractor club he plans to join.  
We all sampled the goodies I made, and had a wonderful visit.  
I opened my gift from New Jersey tonight, and of course I'll share it with you.  First, the note that was inside the Christmas card:



If I'm not mistaken, Vicki is the same person who sent me an egg beater that belonged to her mom.  I have used that egg beater three times in the past couple of days.  
Oh, the gift she sent me?  


This cute little item is made out of bird seeds, and I know there are going to be some happy birds around here when I hang it outside.  
I have had so many lovely comments lately on my entries, and I appreciate every one.  Nobody has a nicer bunch of readers than I do.  


Cliff was very happy the gifts I bought him.  
He and I were shopping a couple of weeks ago and he started looking for a certain kind of shirt.  "It's that kind of shirt Pat wears," he said.  
Pat is our brother-in-law, and I have never paid attention to what kind of shirts he wears, so I was no help.  Cliff didn't find what he was looking for that day.  However, Pat and Charlene were visiting last weekend, and I quizzed them about his shirts.
"Oh," he said, "you mean chamois shirts.  If you're going to buy one, be sure to get the nine-ounce chamois."  

He and Charlene named some places that carry that kind of shirt.  They warned me that they usually cost around $40 each.  
Sunday I did a Google search and found a great deal at Gander Mountain:  nine ounce chamois shirts that were normally $39 were marked down to $24.99, and there was no charge for shipping.  
I ordered two that evening.  Monday I got an email saying they had been shipped.  Wednesday morning the package arrived.  
Cliff unwrapped his package tonight, and he is a happy camper; he now has some nice, warm, snuggly shirts that will last for years, according to his sister.  
So far we are having a wonderful Christmas!  Tomorrow we'll spend some time at our daughter's house eating all kinds of snack foods.  It's gonna be a good day.

8 comments:

  1. That is so sweet to get a gift from a blog reader! Awesome. Hope you all have a nice Christmas time and New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I guess your birds are going to be some happy campers there at your house. I've never seen anything like that before and it is a wonderful gift. Enjoy your Christmas, it sounds like tomorrow is going to be a very good day with all those snacks!!! Merry Christmas! Seem like I just can't say it enough! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful gift!! I love it and the birds need it this winter. Hope your Christmas continues to be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The birds will be tweeting. LOL What a TERRIFIC idea. A birdhouse made of birdseed. That was so sweet that Vicki sent it to you for Christmas. And Cliff's shirts sound very comfy. That was some deal you found online. Let's hear it for the internet. I just want you to know that I love your blog. Everyday I look forward to stopping by to see what's going on. You make me smile, laugh and cry. Often times you give me food for thought. Thanks for your comments on my page too. I'm glad to be your Blog Buddy. From my home to yours... MERRY CHRISTMAS Donna, Cliff, Bonnie, Max, Jody, Iris and all the barn cats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. merry christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice gifts indeed! I know Cliff loves them for sure! Merry Christmas. Love your gift from Vicki! So sweet of her! Merry Christmas & thank you for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lindie8:29 PM

    What a nice gift and both you and the birds will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bird feeder/ house! Thats really nice of her.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!