Thursday, February 24, 2011

Things that make me go "hmmm".

Why is it I can't make Jello without getting it all over the counter and the bottom of the bowl, and then dribbling the mess all over my refrigerator?
Why can't I make Harvard Beets without splattering beet juice onto the stove and nearby counter?  (At least it doesn't stain quite as badly as red Jello.)  
Why do I spend at least fifteen minutes a day, every day, looking for my shoes and my purse?  It's not like I live in a big house!  
Why do I always search Craigslist for Jersey cows and bobby calves and gaited horses when I know I'm not going to be buying any?  
Why do I eat when I'm not hungry?  And why is it I can control my appetite all day long, but after five o'clock all I want to do is eat?    
Does it mean my life is really boring when the highlight of my day is the first cup of coffee in the morning?  
Why does it seem as though everybody is crazy except for me and Cliff?  (And sometimes I wonder about Cliff.)  
Why don't I spend more time cleaning house and less time on the Internet?  (Don't answer that.)
Why do I feel so holier-than-thou when people who consume "health" supplements and shun tap water have more health problems than I do?  That's just not the Christian way!  (Not that I've ever been any great shakes at following the Golden Rule.)  
Why is it I complain about the crazy neighbors, then practically break my neck looking out the door to see what they're up to?   
Why do I pinch pennies, nickels, and dimes on groceries and then go buy something totally unnecessary like an Ipad?  
Why is it that as soon as I brag that my dog doesn't do something objectionable, she immediately starts doing it?  (It was the same with my children when they were small, too.)


OK, enough of that, unless I think of more to add later on.  In answer to Patsy's question, yes; Clyde will be heading for the freezer sometime around August, good Lord willing.  If we don't have room in the freezer, I know somebody who would like to buy him for beef.  

7 comments:

  1. "Why do I pinch pennies, nickels, and dimes on groceries and then go buy something totally unnecessary like an Ipad?"

    You know the answer to that one.

    Pure entertainment.

    That way you can afford the entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've got a case of cabin fever. I have a kitchen plaque that says, "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all." That's how I justify my messiness.
    I shop for horses all the time even though I don't expect I'll ever own one. Fantasizing doesn't cost anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ask myself some of those very same questions. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyable reading this! Because you are human! We are all a mass of contradictions and mysteries. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, that made me laugh. I don't think the second cup of coffee is as ever good as the first, and I'm the crazy neighbor lady always peeking out the blinds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindie8:16 PM

    Sell the older beef and keep the new! ;) Another good question...Why do you almost always feel better by the time your doctor's appointment comes around? It was always that way with my kids too..they would have a high fever and I would take them to the doctor and it would have dropped several degrees.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!