Saturday, February 05, 2011

Herb garden in my window

My herbs are up and growing.  The chives (on the left) were first to show themselves, then the basil on the right.  Finally, a couple of days ago, the shy little parsley seeds in between the others started coming up.  The pots in back, being close to the window and therefore in a cooler climate, are behind the others.  
I am terrible with house plants, so if I manage to keep these going until around the first of May without killing them, I'll probably set them out in my flower bed.  Last year the basil and parsley were in the furthest end of my garden, which was too far to go when I was in the middle of a recipe.  I figure I'll place these somewhere near my front steps.  
This little window garden was just what the doctor ordered for the winter blahs.  It's like a preview of coming attractions.

5 comments:

  1. House plants--what are those? I kill them too. That's why I refuse to have any. It's depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindie3:48 PM

    I still haven't got an indoor herb garden. Meaning to and doing it are 2 different things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Previews like that are wonderful! I'm glad they are doing so well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! I tried herbs a couple years ago. I killed all of them =( I do not have the green thumb that you do! I'm excited to be able to watch your's grow with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plant your chives outside when the weather warms up. They are a perennial and will come back every year, bigger and better than ever.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!