Sunday, December 09, 2007

A Christmas meme

Cliff's cousin Edna sent me this in e-mail, and I decided to make a journal entry of it.

Welcome to the 2007 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends! You know the drill. Don't be a scrooge! Fill it out, pass it on and send it back to me. I would love to hear your answers.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? eggnog

2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa used to just put them under the tree; if they were wrapped, then they were from us, not Santa.

3. Colored or white lights? colored

4. Do you hang mistletoe? no

5. When do you put your decorations up? Never, these days. Back when we did do decorations, it was usually a couple of weeks before Christmas.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? The cranberry salad my mom always made. And my mom's brown sugar fudge. And my mom's fruitcake. Part of the reason the fun has gone out of Christmas for me is that we can't have that stuff around any more. If somebody told me I only had a month to live, I would spend the whole month eating unhealthy stuff! Don't suggest I just have "a little", because I have no self-control. If I make it, I'll eat it ALL.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Family get-togethers

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Just guessing, I'd say I was 8 years old. How? I believe I just figured it out on my own.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? When our kids were still at home we always let them open one on Christmas Eve. We don't do gifts now.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? We don't have a Christmas tree. The year we bought a fake tree, the fun went out of it for me. I always preferred to let the kids and grandkids decorate the tree, back when we had one. I hate a picture-perfect tree that looks like some artist created it. Christmas is for kids!

11. Snow: Love it or hate it? I love snow. We haven't had enough snow to suit me in years. I still like to get out and tramp around in it when I'm able. I could do without all the ice we're getting right now, though.

12. Can you ice skate? Ha! I'm doing good just to walk!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I got a sled when I was six or so, and it snowed right after I got it. So I really enjoyed that gift. I had fun with the Kodak Brownie camera I got at age 13, too.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? happy memories

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? All of them, but I guess I'll choose pecan pie.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I'm Scrooge, remember? I've given up holiday traditions! I do like having a big family meal, though. I even vaguely remember a time when I enjoyed cooking it all.

17. What is on top of your tree ? When we had a tree, it was an angel.

18. Which do you like best: giving or receiving? We jumped out of the giving-receiving rat race a couple of years ago.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? White Christmas as sung by Bing Crosby.

20. Do you like candy canes? not much

21. Snowman or Snow Angel?? Snowman. But I like both.

Feel free to do this as a meme in your journal or copy and paste to e-mail and enter your own answers. Or not. Bah, Humbug.

1 comment:

  1. Aww Donna, you need a little cheer. Go down to Crown Center and eat at Fritz's. Your meal is served in a diner that has a little train running the circumference, delivering food down a pulley. It's just fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!