Saturday, December 08, 2007

My knee

That's Doctor Cliff, taking care of my knee.

I think the doctor wrote on my leg so they'd be sure and work on the proper knee.


That's my wrinkled-up knee. There are two little incisions at the top of the picture (lower part of my knee) and one at the bottom, left-hand side of the picture.



This was taken this morning; there's no redness or swelling, so I'd say I'm doing fine. Now, as to whether the surgery did any good, it's too soon to tell. The procedure was supposed to take thirty to forty minutes, and ended up taking over an hour. Dr. Strong told Cliff there was a lot more arthritis than she expected... spurs and such. I guess that's what took so long.

If it should happen that I still have too much pain, I'll move on to the next step: partial or total knee replacement. I'm really taking a hard look at THIS SURGERY. I printed the article, and I'm taking it with me when I go to see the orthopedist for my follow-up appointment to see what she thinks. I've been told I would be a good candidate for partial replacement because the bone-on-bone is only on the outside of my knee, on both knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!