Saturday, December 15, 2007

A tractor adventure

Cliff's Kansas brother doesn't have Internet, and when he has a tractor to sell, he likes to bring them here and have me put them on Craigslist. Today he brought two of them. When I went outside to see what was going on with the guys, it looked as though they were on a mission.



"Why haven't you unloaded the tractors?" I asked Cliff.

"Oh, the Massey won't start; we'll get her running."


I guess those two items were supposed to help.

They put their heads together.

They hemmed and hawed.

They ran an electric cord from the shop.

"She won't even fire," Cliff said.


They got both tractors unloaded, but the Massey never did start; the guys all got together and pushed it down the ramp, then Pat drove the Case propane tractor off. That was scary, and I couldn't bear to watch, let alone take pictures.


Pat is Cliff's brother's best friend. I've decided they are twins, separated at birth. Because they act exactly alike. In fact, they even look a little bit alike.

4 comments:

  1. I could never be a mechanic as I would get so frustrated that I would take a sledge hammer to something that wouldn't start!! Guess men have more patience with things like that.

    You sure did a lot of cooking! What is the Oreo dessert? I seem to remember something about it so am wondering if I got it off a blog but can't remember the ingredients. Anything with Oreo's in it would be delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all those pictures I felt like it was a video. Kind of neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh could I use a tractor. But I guess you're a little far from me.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!