Friday, December 14, 2007

What a day!

I spent two hours in a dentist's chair today. Afterward, Cliff and I went by a local grocery store (NOT a Walmart) and spent another $100 on stuff for our one and only holiday meal, to be held this coming Sunday.

Then I baked. And baked. And boiled and cooked and baked some more.

After swearing I would NOT make Oreo Dessert (the oldest grandson's favorite), I made it anyway. I refused to let him touch it tonight, however.

I did allow him to sample the hot hamburger dip, since I wanted to test it myself. We both breathed sighs of satisfaction as we dipped and munched. We each had a handful of home-made caramel popcorn, too. Somebody has to do the quality-testing around here.

Tomorrow morning I begin marinating the brisket for Sunday. And make the cherry cheesecake pie.

One thing about it, after I started cooking all that stuff (with Christmas music playing in the background), I almost felt a tiny nudge of Christmas spirit.

1 comment:

  1. I wandered over from PW's site. You have a nice blog - I will be back to check you out again. And, what time did you say dinner is?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!