Monday, May 20, 2024

Sunday Stealing

1. What inspires you the most?  God’s creation: Hills, valleys, the green of spring.  Walks in the woods.  Sunrise, plants in a garden, flowers.  Dogs, cats, cows, horses.  Babies. 

2. How do you think the world will change in 20 years?  I’d be surprised if there’s anything left of the world by then.  I'm glad I won't be around to know.

3. Cats or dogs and why?  If I had to choose it would be a dog, but I’m glad I don’t have to choose.  I have both.

4. What is the funniest memory from your childhood?  I have many happy memories, but right now I cant think of a funny one.

5. Where do you not mind waiting?  Waiting is never difficult these days, since I always have a library book on my phone to read.  However, waiting to hear good news about a friend or relative who has a serious medical problem is hard.  

6. What was the best thing before sliced bread?  My parents were born, making it possible for me to be born!  Sliced bread was first available in 1928, on July 7.  In 1944, I was born on July 7.  Coincidence?  I think not.  You won't find me worrying about carbs!

7. What product would you stockpile if you found out they weren’t going to sell it anymore?  Toilet paper!  Covid taught me a few things, even though I never had covid.

8. What do you get every time you go grocery shopping?  milk, bread, and usually bananas

9. What do people do too much of today?  Looking at their phones.  

10. Are you a GoodWill, or any second hand store customer?  I would like to be, but I don’t have the patience to check things out thoroughly.

11. How do you feel about the death penalty?  Im sort of on the fence about it, considering the fact that since DNA appeared, so many people are wrongly accused.

12. Are there brands of certain items that you will ONLY buy that brand? Ie paper towels, ketchup etc.  Bounty paper towels, some things that my husband is picky about (Hunts ketchup, which is actually cheaper than Heinz anyway, Miracle Whip);  Folgers coffee for both of us and Twinnings Earl Grey Black Tea for me, Sara Lee Butter Bread, Tide laundry soap.

13. What are some things that you will buy the Store brand, and find the quality to be great?  The quality isnt always quite that great, but it if cuts the price in half, Ill suffer through it:  Crackers, for instance.  Things like flour and sugar. 

14. What is a Name brand item that really disappointed you recently?  I cant think of any

15. Do you wear glasses or contacts?  glasses

   


6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:07 AM

    I love learning more about you! I can’t comment through google on your blog any more but I’m Galla Creek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's happening to a lot of people. As long as they tell me who they are, it doesn't bother me.

      Delete
  2. I wear glasses too although I used to wear contacts. Now my eyes are too dry. I echo your feelings about the death penalty. I also read a lot so waiting isn't a big deal unless I have to be somewhere after that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting. I am against the death penalty, for the resons you listed. Horrible for someone to die for something they didn't do. Of course there are those deserving of the death penalty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long before DNA, I worried about the falsely accused being executed. I love that brand of Earl Grey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #7 - I saw a thing on TV this week about how COVID had convinced people to install bidets in their bathrooms so they didn't need toilet paper. I was ahead of the game....My son installed a bidet for me before COVID happened. I love my bidet!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!