Monday, July 08, 2019

I've made a deal with myself

Strange way to begin a blog post after ignoring my blog for days, right?  

The title has to do with an addiction.  I'm sure that sends my readers trying to figure out what my problem is, so I'll put your mind at ease.

I've pretty well conquered any addictions you might be thinking of, but this one would seem rather harmless:  It's a game called Words With Friends 2.

I love the game!  I'm not even that great at it, but once I got hooked, I couldn't stop.  I consistently played as many games at once as they allowed me.  Oh, the glorious feeling when I beat someone who was more skilled!  Oh, the grief, when I lost to someone who usually never wins.

I've had many Internet addictions:  The chat rooms, Facebook, reading other folks' blogs, Farmville... I could go on, but you get the idea. 

So I'm going to stay off WWF for at least a week.  When I go back, any day I don't post a blog entry will be a day I won't allow myself to play my favorite game.  Yes, friends and neighbors, I'm putting myself in time-out.  Either I straighten up, or I'm doomed to life without my favorite game.  You've missed out on so much lately, thanks to my lack of motivation when it comes to blogging.  Just this past week, our son, his daughter, and her baby have been here from Georgia.

Cliff and six-month-old Maelynn
Also, our oldest granddaughter took her mother to Cancun and left her sweet little dog with us.  Gabe loved having a little friend, even though Rory stole his bed all the time.

Gabe with his Shi-tzu girl friend Rory
I turned 75 years of age (no picture for that, but I look the same as the last picture I've shared with you, whenever that was).

And yesterday, for my birthday, the pump on our well quit.  It wasn't too much of an ordeal, though.  Cliff and Arick got a new pump at Menard's, and within four hours we had running water in the house once again.

How could they help but have good fortune with Gabe as a supervisor
So.  I still have a few WWF2 games to finish, because I didn't want to leave my opponents hanging.  I'm turning down new requests for new games, although it's hard, because I've played with many of these people for weeks or months.  But it's only a game!  It isn't real life.  

I should be checking in more frequently now with my random stories.  I'll leave you with these words of wisdom and hope to have something for you tomorrow.  



Thanks you for putting up with my stuff.

6 comments:

  1. I’m of the opinion that you should play your game as often as you would like. We’re not getting any younger. At our age (I’m 77) we don’t have a lot of time left to do what pleases us. My motto is ‘if it feels good do it’. As long as it doesn’t hurt others of course. Anyway, I really enjoy your blog and read it every time you post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never played that game, but I remember quite vividly getting caught up in Zentris (the computer version I had of Tetris) and looking up to see an hour had passed. I had to quit playing it completely because I couldn't stop and it interfered with other things. So I get it, I really do. I take mental breaks from my work now by playing Spider solitaire but am able to limit myself to 2 games a day. Love the picture of Gabe supervising. Yep. That's typical Schnauzer. Molly used to supervise Richard baiting the rat traps and would lick the peanut butter off when he wasn't looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with JA-play it as much as you want. Whatever you do, don't check out Wordscapes. I'm addicted to it, especially on the weekends when there are tournaments. I had to tell myself that I can shoot for top 10, and not for Number 1. (I was one week and that fueled the obsession) Adorable baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated Birthday! I'm sure a new water pump wasn't what you wanted for a present, but I'm glad it was quickly take care of. We got to have water. My next door sister used to play WWF all the time, but I've never gotten into it. Hey, if you enjoy it why not do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday. You certainly do not look 76 by any means. Sorry your well went out for you, but glad it was a quick and easy fix.
    Oh Heck, Play your game. Life is short, live it up. haha! Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's extremely easy to get addicted to things on the Internet. I used to be hopelessly addicted to eBay, but that has now subsided - since I no longer have as much money to spend as I used to.
    I'm definitely addicted to blogging - but I only blog to convince myself I'm still alive.

    I'm glad you got your well up and running so quickly. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!