Saturday, February 10, 2007

The Saturday Six, #148


Do you ever think about where you live? Rarely, if you're busy working, raising a family, trying to find a little time for yourself. There's something special about every place. Maybe this week's edition will give you pause to think of what's special where you are!

Here are this week's "Saturday Six" questions. Either answer the questions in a comment at Patrick's weekender, or put the answers in an entry on your journal...but either way, leave a link to your journal over at Patrick's weekender, so that everyone else can visit! Enjoy!

1. A friend arrives from out of town and wants to go to dinner at a nice locally-owned restaurant: where would you take her?
I hate to confess that when Cliff and I eat out, it's usually at Subway. Or Olive Garden in Kansas City, if we feel fancy.
My tiny town, of course, has nothing except one bar that serves Mexican food. But I'm not far from Lexington, Missouri. I suppose I'd take my friend to The Brewery there. Or else Las Carretas, a Mexican restaurant, mine and Cliff's favorite place to dine in that town.


2. Your friend then says he wants to learn something about the history of your city: where would you take him first? Back to Lexington, to visit the Anderson House and the nearby civil war battlefield.

3. Does your current hometown have any specific kind of weather threats (i.e., tornado alley, etc.) or natural disaster threats (i.e., earthquake faults, volcanic activity) that concerns you?
We're always on the alert for tornadoes. It's Missouri, for pete's sake.


4. Take the quiz: What city shares your personality?
I scored as Killarney, Ireland.

5. Have you ever visited this city or lived there before?
You gotta be kidding, right?


6. Based on what you know about that city, either firsthand or from others, do you think it would be a good fit for you? Do you think it would be a better fit than the city in which you now live?
Nope, no way. I have no desire to live outside the good old USA.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you Donna. I have no desire to live outside of the US (even if it is cheaper, i.e. Costa Rica), but I would like to one day conquer my fear of flying and at least visit. De ;)

    http://patricksweekender.blogspot.com/2007/02/saturday-six-episode-148.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I tell you my city is Rio de Janiero?? What a coincidence, and I promise I didn't rig it.

    Guess I gotta go.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!