Well, he made it through, and I suggested he go to the Minute Clinic. I was fairly sure he had sinusitis, and I've never known him to get rid of that without an antibiotic.
Cliff hates going to the doctor, but he was feeling lousy enough that he agreed. We took our reading devices, because there is usually quite a wait at the Minute Clinic. However, when we got there and signed up, the computer told us he was next. There wasn't another person waiting to see the nurse.
After examining him, the nurse agreed with my assessment of Sinus infection and prescribed an antibiotic and some over-the-counter meds.
When Cliff walked out of the examination room, there were half-a-dozen people waiting in line. For once, our timing had been very good.
Next day Cliff still felt lousy and said, between coughs, "The medicine isn't doing a damn thing."
I reminded him that it takes a couple of days before antibiotics start having an effect.
Sure enough, he felt considerably better yesterday; and now today he just woke up, and can breathe through his nose again. I haven't heard the hacking cough this morning, either.
|Cliff's cardiologist explaining to Cliff why he had to have CABG, 2006|
"I'm not going!" he said, reminding me of a two-year-old little boy.
"Yes, you are. When Dr. Deblase was your family doctor, he kept a good eye on you. But he's dead now, I don't trust his young replacements: I think you need to visit the cardiologist at least every other year."
He pouted, but he's going. The appointment is tomorrow. Last time we were there, we had a very long wait, which is Cliff's excuse for not wanting to go. This time we'll take the Nook and the Ipad and we'll both have something to read while we wait.
Speaking of the Ipad, after studying the situation, I saw that even though I can order the Ipad Mini in a couple of days, the cellular model would not arrive until at least mid-November. I see no advantage in putting in my order that far ahead. I will wait until I can actually have it shipped to me immediately. A lot could happen in three or four weeks that might change my mind.