The Crazy Photographer is at it again:
"We're not sure whether it was the meerkats or the vulture that was the final straw... but Cliff shut down the WIFI until the intervention."
With Cliff's help and guidance, I am restraining myself from buying any more calves, even though the people from whom I bought George and Gracie will have a few more for sale in the next few days. I was really chomping at the bit to buy another one, but Cliff reminded me that we have all the cattle we can take care of now. He didn't have to have an intervention. I saw the light. Besides, another bottle calf would keep me tied down for at least another month; George and Gracie are almost ready to wean. They are eating all the sweet feed and hay I put in front of them.
Cliff's appointment with the cardiologist was yesterday. We were escorted to an exam room (yes, I always go in with him). The nurse came in and asked him some questions, as usual, and told us the doctor would be with us shortly. We had started reading our books when the nurse stuck her head in and said Dr. Nager had been called over to the hospital because someone had a heart attack, but some other doctor would fill in for him.
The doctor was a lady. She scolded us for waiting two years to come in; I explained that I had to go behind Cliff's back to make this appointment. Then she told us something that I do NOT recall Dr. Nager mentioning two years ago: Cliff has a problem called mitral valve regurgitation. It's no big deal so far, but it bears watching.
So I guess I will fight with Cliff once a year from now on to get him to the cardiologist.
Maybe HE needs an intervention, just to get him to go to the doctor.