Friday, February 15, 2008

Google maps

I've learned a lot by reading blogs; here's something I've seen mentioned on more than one Kansas City blog: Google maps now has pictures!

Just what I needed, another Internet time-waster. Yes, Google maps now gives you pictures of various locations in the big cities. For instance, that's my old alma mater. North Kansas City High School.

Here's my husband's place of employment: You can use all the little arrows on the Google pictures to turn and look in a different direction until you find what you're looking for.

Is this not amazing? Right now you can only find larger cities having images (I believe Kansas City was only recently added), but I'm sure it's just a matter of time until Google will have photographs of the whole world.

4 comments:

  1. Amazing isn't it?! Pretty soon they will be peeking in our windows!

    Know what you mean about watching some shows. I've never watched Wife Swap but I have watched Super Nanny the last two weeks! ha! This week one kid was spitting on everyone. I know what that kid needed and it wasn't Super Nanny.....

    Loved the Ben Stein video. So true! We had my FIL over for dinner last night, I just didn't want him eating alone on Valentine's Day. He said he probably would have had a dish of cereal. My MIL has been gone about 15 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna, Saw that you've found OneYearBible blog and wanted to come over and say hello. It is truly a wonderful site. I've been on and studying there for almost a year...in early March, and though I'm a blogger, it's the best thing I do daily and certainly on the Web. I haven't been commenting but may start occasionally. Will also bookmark you site here and come back. Not sure where you live, but maybe the midwest? Anyway, best wishes, and feel to come by my site.---Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:31 AM

    I've already Google Mapped my way around my office building and had a look at my house. It's obvious that the street view photos were taken in the summer or fall because the grass is green (and we still had our Jeep then). Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the site idea. I'll have to check it out. It's kind of scary, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!