Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Another item found in my mom's stuff



The front and the back of a 1929 piece of sheet music. Here are the (corny) lyrics:

JUST A DREAM OF MOTHER
Words and music by H. C. Weasner

Dreaming of the days gone by so dear to memory
As how in childhoods happy days we played at Mother’s knee.
When the nigh shades gathered ‘round and all the world seemed drear.
Sweet old stories she’d unfold that linger still so dear.

Just a dream of mother who lulled me to rest,
Bringing back to memory the days we loved the best,
How in childish fancy, her voice sweet and low
Singing me the old songs in days of long ago.

Years have passed; there still remains a picture sweet and rare.
Tis blended with a thought of love and breathes a mother’s prayer.
Mother’s voice no more we’ll hear in stories as of old.
While the twilight softly falls, love’s message will unfold.

This is one of those things I hesitate to throw away, but can't find any real reason to keep it; so I'm tossing it into the box of stuff I'll give my sister, and she can decide what to do with it.

1 comment:

  1. Love the letter to the body! I can relate to most of the ailments! We do abuse our bodies thoguh, I know I need to lose 20 pounds. I'm working at it but probably not hard enough!

    Yes I too have things around here that I just hate to throw out but don't know why I keep them.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!