Thursday, October 25, 2007

... and speaking of mundane

I've bought more mops in the past year than anybody ought to have to buy in a lifetime. I've tried every variety Walmart carries. The best of them lasted a couple of months; the least of them, one week. When the last one gave out, I decided to tough it out and get on my hands and knees, doing it the old-fashioned way. I have bad knees, but I toughed it out. I'm so tired of spending money on useless mops!

Anyone who has arthritis will tell you there are bad days and worse days for pain. Today was one of the "worse days", and by the time I got the floor halfway mopped, I was almost in tears.
That's when I remembered my mom's old fondness for Stanley Home Products. All of my growing-up years, she used nothing but the Amazo Mop. I recall the demonstrations at Stanley parties, and the warning, "do not use them to mop up urine". Well, Sadie, Cliff and I are house-broke, so that shouldn't be a problem. I went to the Stanley Home Products website and there it was, in all its glory: The Amazo II mop! I think it used to be blue, but otherwise, it looks the same. Then I went to an Ebay store and made a bid there that saved me about $3. Hey, a buck is a buck, as my ex-daughter-in-law used to say. I hope it arrives within a week. Before I need to mop again.

2 comments:

  1. I do not own a mop anymore for the same troubles you have!

    I do it the old fashioned way. twice a week on my hands and knees, I scrub.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on my knees too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!