Tuesday, January 02, 2007

What a day!

Daughter called this morning; she and her girls were going shopping, and I was welcome to go along.

Good! I don't often get a chance to just wander aimlessly through the aisles of Walmart. We were out of here by 8:30 AM, even though Cliff and I hadn't taken our walk. Temperatures were in the lower 20's.

We shopped a few places. I was thrilled to find out that the Dollar Store's cheap cookies are now trans-fat free, so I stocked up. No more paying $2.99 for a box of Nilla Vanilla Wafers. Nope, I can get the cheapies for a buck.

As we came up the driveway with our purchases, we noticed there was an unfamiliar vehicle parked by the garage; and we all began to make guesses as to whom it might be: Granddaughters thought it was their big brother; I said perhaps it was granddaughter Amber.

Oh well, why not just look and see?

It turned out to be Cliff's late brother's widow... all 400 pounds of her, telling us how she has to eat every two hours, with her diabetes.

Lunchtime approached, and she was still here relating, in detail, all her aches and pains.

"I'm fixing us a salad for lunch," I told her. "Shall I fix one for you?"

"OK, thanks."

::deep sigh::

We ate while being regaled with stories of all the hypocritical churches in the area.

I casually mentioned, while we were eating, that I intended to go for a long horseback ride very soon.

She finally bade us goodbye and left, with only half her salad consumed.

Yes, I really did go for a ride, leaving before Cliff left for work.

Three hours later found me finally back home. Sadie hadn't had a good run around the place, so I figured I may as well take my walk.

::Note to self: Never go for a walk in the pasture right after a three-hour horseback ride.::

I am SO tired!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for not questioning the "Come on girls, I have groceries to get home" excuse, even though I only bought laundry detergent, cold cereal, and a plastic table cloth...I owe you.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!