Thursday, March 05, 2020

Wouldn't you know?

I announced our Nashville road trip on this blog on February 27.  A few days later, a tornado hit the city.  Coincidence?  Or a message from God saying "don't go"?  Actually, I wasn't too concerned, although I intended at some point to call the hotel where I had reserved rooms.  But Cliff's sister panicked; she called Cliff and asked if we should still plan on going.  I told him to tell her I'd check on it this morning.

I found THIS  little article online, which I sent Rena in an email.  So now she will be able to relax and get ready to enjoy our time together.  I also called the hotel and received the news that it had not been compromised by the tornado.  We won't be going until nearer the end of this month.  Cliff is looking forward to having someone along to do half the driving; knowing him, that's probably the only thing he is looking forward to about this trip.  He's such a home body.  

I've been searching out things to do.  I already bought our tickets for the Opry, and paid extra so we could get our money back if anything happens we can't go.  I like having that assurance, since those tickets were anything but cheap!  At our ages, you just don't know what's around the corner, and any more it seems like one of us is visiting a doctor about every other week.  I also paid for a backstage tour that takes place right after the Opry show we're seeing.  

I'd like to take the downtown walking tour, which is $25 per ticket, or else the walking food tour, at $52.  I also want to do the Country Music Hall of Fame ($25 per ticket).  The  Jack Daniels Distillery costs $25 apiece, so there's that.  I mustn't forget the Johnny Cash Museum, another pricey choice.  However, I intend for this to be my last visit to Nashville.  We'll do as much as we can afford.

There's a restaurant downtown, Arnold's, that we simply MUST try.  It isn't expensive, and has great reviews.  I'll be taking our electric skillet and coffeepot, in case we want to eat something in the room some evening.  Since Cliff and I were planning our trip before I suggested we take Rena, we're paying for the room... we'll just have one more person in there with us.  But we'll take her car, since ours is so old (and a little cranky these days).  She'll pay for what she eats when we eat out and for tickets to the various things, and we'll pay for the fuel.  It should work out pretty well for all three of us, and it'll make for more interesting conversation with three people instead of two.      

I guess that's about all I can tell you about our plans so far.  I'm getting anxious!

I finished this entry, went straight to Facebook, and saw this:  Tennessee has their first confined case of the corona virus.  Oh boy, this trip will be one for the books.

On another note, for those of my readers who have stayed with me through the years, I made a video of a small portion of my walk in the pasture the other day, showing where my cabin used to be.  Maybe you'll get a kick out of my hillbilly voice talking to you.



One reminder:  For years, there were some people who could not comment on this blog.  A few months ago I found the problem:  There's a setting you can choose that only allows people with a google account to comment.  I found the setting and fixed it so everyone can comment.  It must work, because one person told me she had never been able to comment before, and now she can.  I'm sorry I didn't take the time to figure this out years ago!  I used to have a reader from way up in Canada who would email me once in awhile to let me know she was still reading.  I hope she didn't give up on me, as I appreciated her patience at keeping in touch.  I'd love to know if she can comment now.  While I'm at it, if any of you ever want to email me, feel free.  

Mosie1944@gmail.com

I hope the weather is as spring-like where you live as it is here.  The wind is really blowing, but the temperature as I type this is 58 and the sun is shining brightly.  Don't forget to set your clocks forward this weekend.



9 comments:

  1. I hope you can find parts of Nashville where there is no damage. My kids live near there and they were not hit. They live north of Nashville at Galatin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:09 PM

    thank you for the comment fix. i don't use google. --suz in NE ohio

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember your cabin. I used to think,”oooo, isn’t she scared being out there all by herself?”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to be able to comment Donna, thanks. I always enjoyed your entries about your adventures at your cabin. I'm a lover of outdoor camping, first with tent, then pop-up, then a bit larger camper ... simple one, but had a bathroom of sorts. Your rides on Blue along the river beds and train tracks especially used to excite me; especially when you sang to him as you rode. Nice memories. Enjoy Tennessee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do remember the days you went to your cabin. Thanks for taking us on your walk I used to love it when you took us on your rides with Blue too. I was working then and stuck at a desk and your rides were very enjoyed. So glad the hotel your staying at wasn't affected by the tornado. Good to know your trip is later not then. It was a terrible thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still here. I dont comment much anymore. But im still around reading. You dont sound hillbilly to me. But im from Florida. We sound like a bunch of hicks down here. But it was nice to put a voice with your face. Ive always enjoyed reading blog through the years. I doubt ill go anywhere. :-)
    Nerves05

    ReplyDelete
  7. Long-time lurker (via Margaret/teacherwoman from the PacNW). I love this video and I love your "accent". I think we all have accents whether we think we do or not. Mine is yooper (Michigan's upper peninsula) if anything. Snowbilly? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Northern AB gal8:22 PM

    Hi Donna! I'm assuming you are referring to me when you mentioned your Canadian reader - yes, I am still reading your blog. Never miss it!
    We are still dealing with winter up here, hoping for an early spring and hopefully a better summer than we had last year.
    Looking forward to hearing about your Nashville trip.
    Stay well, give Gabe a hug from me - he is such a sweet boy. I'm a sucker for dogs with beards,lol.
    Warmest regards, Solveig

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your voice! I don't think I have much of an accent, although I have a deep voice, that I hate hearing recorded.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!