Friday, March 06, 2020

Life is but a dream

Well, I've lost another camera.  In fact, the very camera with which I filmed the video in the previous blog post.  It's totally disappeared.  I have looked in all the chairs and the couch, in case it slipped down under a cushion or something.  I've looked under things.  I've checked pockets.  I've had about four versions of the same camera over the years.  One got all fogged up on the inside, and made a cloudy looking portion of each photo.  At least one, I think, may have been dropped to its death.  

Cliff said, "Just how many of those have you had, anyhow?"  I really don't know, but I cannot be without a camera, and I happen to adore this particular kind of camera.  On the bright side, it's gotten a lot cheaper over the years.  I believe I paid over $300 for my first one; now you can get the cheapest model for barely over $100.  However, I'm getting one that's been used, then certified, for $75.  

There's a reason they are easy to lose:  the camera is about the size of a pack of cigarettes and fits in a pocket, which explains how I ruined one when I tossed my jeans into the washing machine.  I just don't like using my cell phone as a camera.  It takes too long to get to, and by the time I'm ready to take the picture, it's too late for that particular photo-op.  Looks like I'll be back in the picture-taking business by Monday, at the latest.  Yes, I shall continue buying the same camera.



They've made little changes through the years, but it's the same basic camera.  If I should find my lost camera, I'll let Cora have it.  I got her a little cheap camera once, but it wasn't simple enough for a child.  She's been taking pictures with my camera for a long time, when she is here, and her only problem is that she often moves as she takes the picture and makes it blurry, but she'll learn.  Speaking of Cora, can you believe I'm finally giving away some of the toys and books we had here for her?  I've put it off long enough, and even have her permission to give them to other children.  It's silly, I know, but there are just a few of her little books I cannot bring myself to give away; I also am in possession of a pink receiving blanket on which somebody embroidered her name and birth date.  Nobody gave it to me, it just ended up here and I love it.  I have let her parents know I have it, and they haven't asked for it back.  I hope they don't.  Isn't it strange how I can get sentimental over "stuff"?  After typing this last couple of sentences, I remembered doing a video of Cora on that receiving blanket and looked it up.  Watching this, it's hard to believe she's such a big, six-year-old girl now.

  


At least that blanket and kiddie books don't take up much room, so six or seven of them shouldn't be in the way.

On another note, I've apparently messed up yet another printer.  I don't know why I have so much trouble with printers, but something always goes wrong.  Something tells me I'm the main problem.  This time, the black ink ran out and I ordered more.  I put it in the printer and tried to print something, but it acted as though it was out of ink.  I was going to remove the ink-thingie and put it back in, just in case I did it wrong, but now the holder you put the ink in will not come to the center where I can get to it.  It hides in one end of the printer, out of sight.  I was really liking this $19 printer, too!  Probably if it was still on sale for $19, I'd go buy another one, just so I didn't have to hear Cliff making fun of me for ruining another printer.  Actually, he doesn't come out and say that, exactly, but I can tell he's thinking it.  That's the problem with being the most computer-smart person in a house.  Cliff knows absolutely nothing about such things, and I only know enough to be dangerous.  It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it.  When I mention the word "browser" to Cliff, he'll say, "I don't think my computer has one of those."

Yeah.  That's why I get the dirty work of buying and using anything related to computers.

When I get my camera, I'll get a more spring-like picture at the top of my blog.  We don't need to be looking at a picture of snow.  

I'm going to take Gabe outside and throw the Frisbee for him.  We are having knock-out weather lately, and I'm enjoying it thoroughly.  Be kind, won't you?

Yours truly,

5 comments:

  1. Can't you use the camera in your smart phone? That's what I do. Maybe you don't have a smart phone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the third paragraph I mention that I hate using the cell phone camera. I often can't get to the camera in time to take the picture I want. I take lots of action pictures, and if you are photographing babies or animal of any kind, you need to act fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. About the time you buy a new one, the other will probably show up. I have spend more time in the research department here at my house than anything. Search and research I'm an expert. But I only ever use my phone camera any more. I always have it with me so it's handy for me. And it takes pretty good pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done the opposite and become way too dependent on my cell phone for EVERYTHING. I hate that, but don't know how to change it. I do have a real camera, but don't use it as much as I should.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know what you mean about your camera. you miss it when its gone. hope you find a new one or the other one shows up. a shame about the printer. everything happens at once, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!