Saturday, January 22, 2011

Yes, my dog watches television

I've blogged before about Iris' reaction when we watch Dog Whisperer.  She attacks the television any time she sees a dog, a horse, a chicken... well, pretty much any kind of animal.  We have a plasma TV, so the idea of a dog attacking the screen is a little scary.  She could ruin our television.
I still watch Cesar Milan, but these days I put a leash on her.  I let her growl, but if she gets up and lunges at the end of the leash, I make her lay back down.  Hopefully she will learn to lie down beside my chair when Dog Whisperer is on.  She is learning, as you can see in the following video.  Oh, she isn't going to shut up, but at least she's not attacking the television.  Toward the end of our session I removed the leash; she stayed right beside me.





This is how she looked when I decided to stop watching Cesar.  No leash.  She was still watching, but without a leash.  Progress!

3 comments:

  1. I too like that show...but my dog don't care. You can replace your dog with me for that is what I look like when I watch him too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a cat who loves cartoons.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!