Wednesday, January 05, 2011

More about Craigslist

For those of you who didn't know there are cows on Craigslist:  If you go to the Farm and Garden heading, you'll find cows, pigs, horses, chickens, ducks, and all manner of farm livestock.  Also tractors, tillers, lawn mowers and farm implements.  Type what you're looking for into the search box and you'd be surprised what comes up.   
It was suggested that I call and make an offer on that Jersey cow I like; indeed, there's a good chance they'd go down on the price.  Especially if I were to wait a week or so, to let them know people aren't all that anxious to buy their cow.  
Here's the thing:  I don't need another Jersey; this one is one hundred miles from here, so the gasoline would add a considerable amount to the cost of the cow.  
I think I'm afraid that they would take my offer, and $500 would fly out the window that would be better spent somewhere else, or else put in savings.  
If such a cow fell into my lap out of the sky, I'd scrape together the money and buy her.  Otherwise, probably not.  
Cliff goes through this same kind of torment when he's checking out the ads for tractors.  
It's a harmless pastime, as long as we don't give in to the temptation to buy something we don't need.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!