Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A stable! I found a stable. And other random thoughts.

My desktop is with the computer doctor. While I'm thankful for this laptop as a spare, I find I'm not as verbose when using it, so I seem not to blog as much. You can consider that a blessing or a curse.

My life isn't quite an open book, believe it or not. I'm struggling with some dental issues lately, trying to make the right decision within the limits of our budget and our dental insurance... which changes the first of the year, by the way. Why do dentists seem to think everyone ought to be able to spend thousands of dollars on their teeth? Enough said about that.


I've blogged about my nativity figures before, more than once. I mentioned to Cliff this Christmas season that Baby Jesus really needs a stable for his manger. I had thoughts of my dear husband perhaps nailing a few boards together to serve that purpose, but yesterday I found a ready-made stable at Walmart. Overpriced it was, and it sheds. But I'm happy. And so is Cliff, who doesn't care much for carpentry, no matter how small the project.

It's snowing, and ten degrees outside. If it's going to be so cold, it may as well be pretty. Let it snow.

9 comments:

  1. Should be a pretty magical White Christmas in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stable. Your Nativity set looks so nice and now that it is complete you can just sit back and enjoy it. Have a great Tuesday!
    'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dentistry costs have gotten ridiculously out of hand. I have some issues myself and it seems they are never ending anymore no matter what I do for my teeth. Next is dentures or implants and those implants can run you 30k for a full mouth. Who can afford that!

    I wish you well on figuring your issues out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stable looks great! Hope you get lots of fluffy white! Good luck on the dentist. My husband's teeth need tens of thousands of dollars worth of work. We just get some done a little at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Christmas manger set up. It is very pretty. I had one cavity when I was thirteen, it was caused by food getting down in the bracket of my brace on one of my molars. I had it drilled and filled without any novacaine. Have that done ONCE and it sticks with you the rest of your life. I brush my teeth fanatically now. ;) NO cavities, no dentist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about the dentist. Colt has his 6 month check up the Monday after Christmas. I love your Nativity scene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had a nativity really similar to yours when I was young, including your new stable.

    We've got about 3 inches of ice, sleet and snow on the ground, mostly sleet, and every surface outside is slicker than snot on a doorknob. It got down in the teens last night and never got out of the mid-20's today. All the schools are closed and most people are staying inside. Not as bad as your temps, but pretty cold for us.

    I know what you mean about your dental issues. I need to have several teeth pulled but simply cannot afford it, especially all at one time. I hope you find an answer that works for you and that you can afford.

    Hope you get your puter back soon, and in good health.

    Merry Christmas, Donna! :o)

    Much love,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must run very fast to the hot tub, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know that's why I don't go to the dentist.....they always find something else wrong with me, and that 'something else' will always cost a ridiculous amount...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!