Saturday, December 06, 2008

The Christmas cups are in the cupboard!

I haven't been doing anything Christmas-y for a couple of years, so I totally forgot to get my Christmas cups out for Thanksgiving. But they're on the shelf now! I put all my regular cups away, and we'll be using my vast assortment of holiday mugs through New Year's Day.

I picked most of my fifteen holiday mugs up at garage sales. One of them, I'm not sure which any more, was a Christmas gift from the oldest grandson when he was just a little guy. I used to hate my two California Raisins cups (they aren't that pretty), but now I like the fact that they're dated on the bottom (1988) and they bring back memories of some old commercials that were popular when my children were teens. There must have been a lot of those made, because they don't bring much on Ebay.





I intend to get into the spirit of this Christmas season by hook or by crook!

While I'm on the subject of mugs, look what Lois-on-the-web found? A mug-warmer that works off a USB port!

9 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas mugs!!! What a great collection! Seems like our mugs have diminished somewhat over the past few years and I am looking forward to collecting new ones.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a cup just like the one you have there with Santa on it. I'm so glad you are getting in the spirit of Christmas this year.
    'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas spirit is contagious. I am going to find my Christmas mugs. How about some pictures of your tree? I am not putting one up this year. Too much work at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have several Christmas mugs I usually put out for Christmas. I don't have ones like you have pictured. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the mugs. I have Christmas ones too.... Did you find your tree?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your mugs! I use mine all year long LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting your new home must have put you into the mood. I like the santa mug.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:57 PM

    One of my favorite Christmas decorations is a set of 4 plates, bowls, cups etc that depict the 12 days of Christmas. I bought them after Christmas many years ago at Dillards or whatever was there before Dillards. I only use them at Christmas so they are unbroken (right now)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the reminder, I was going to get mine out today....:)
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!