Thursday, December 18, 2008

This amazing Internet world

My daughter lured me onto Facebook with those silly time-wasting applications like MyFarm and YoVille. I've collected friends there: several relatives, and relatives of relatives; a few local folks that I barely know, but hey... I need friends. Oh, and lots of Blogger buddies.

On Facebook, the word "friend" is pretty broad in its meaning.


But then there's this one unique friend. I'm not sure how we connected on Facebook. Probably via the email connection. But this is a man who has seen my husband's heart beating. Really! Mike was Cliff's respiratory therapist at the time of his surgery; and for some reason, Cliff's surgeon invited him to watch the open heart surgery. Mike told me it was an awesome experience, and gave me his email address so he could follow Cliff's progress.

One thing bothers me. Back in April of 2006, Mike smoked. It was disturbing to me that a respiratory therapist would do that to his body, but what do I know?

I can't help wondering if he's kicked the habit. I certainly hope so, because anybody who has seen my husband's heart beat is special. You've seen one very personal part of Cliff that I will never see.


What say you, Mike? You just got married. Have you kicked the habit so that you can live a long, healthy life with your lovely wife?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!