Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Fast Eddie's

Cliff and I rode 850 miles on our Gold Wing over the three-day weekend. One of the places his sister and her husband wanted us to see was Fast Eddie's. It's a bar the likes of which I've never seen. Keep in mind, though, that I haven't been in many bars.

There's a special parking lot for motorcycles, and it was jam-packed.


My sister-in-law pointed out that the cheap prices shown in the picture below are genuine. Here's the catch: There's a long, long waiting line, and it wraps around a three-sided bar. The drinks are NOT cheap. People who indulge in alcoholic beverages would, of course, have to do something to make their two-to-three-hour wait more bearable. I wish I'd taken a couple of pictures inside, but like all bars, it was pretty dark in there, and I doubt they'd have turned out.


I availed myself of their facilities; then we went ahead with our ride north along the Mississippi River, taking time for one more picture in the parking lot before we left.

Does it bother anyone else that all these people on motorcycles are in a bar getting a buzz? Seems like the sensible bikers would wait until their ride is over before they start drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!