Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thank you, Craigslist

I originally asked $50 for the record player and the records.

The lady who wanted the record player had offered $35 and I agreed to that, but she didn't have correct change and I didn't have proper bills to give her any money back, so she gave me $40.

So I re-posted my ad, this time for all the records. I asked $25. I received a call from a man who wanted them, sight unseen. Cliff's sister brought out some old records she had and said, "See if he wants those too."

When he arrived, I told him to look at hers and see what he thought.

"Tell you what," he said, "how about I give you $30 for all of them?"

I figured Rena would rather have $5 than nothing, so I agreed.

But he didn't bring the right change; he needed a ten dollar bill back, and all I had was a five and a one. So, Rena got $9 for her stash.

I think he plans to sell the records on Ebay. I don't care how much profit he makes; after all, I came this close to hauling them to the trash last week.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it great to get money for stuff you were going to put out in the trash? Guess that proves that one mans trash is another mans treasure!

    I liked your ABC's of ME. Guess I'll have to do that one.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!