Monday, June 16, 2008

Rainstorms and Rediscovered Music

Friday morning when we headed out for Branson with two granddaughters, this is how the sky looked. Talking to Cliff's sister on the cell phone later, we found the skies at home had cleared up nicely; but all the way to Branson and after our arrival there, this is what we witnessed.



About a half-hour before we reached our destination, we stopped in Ozark, Missouri, at Lambert's... the home of "throwed rolls". It was a spur-of-the-moment decision, but it turned out to be one of the girls' favorite things. The food there is home-cooking good, the portions are huge, and it's fun to catch rolls being thrown at you across the room. Even if you're a horrible catcher like me. Besides, it's a great place to be on a rainy day, even if you have to wait 45 minutes to be seated.

After a sunny Saturday doing the usual Branson things (go-carts, music show, shopping) we dropped the girls off at their other grandma's in Carthage yesterday morning and noticed storms gathering once again, as you see in the above picture.

Cliff has lots of CD's in the car in three different types of storage containers. One of those had been pretty much forgotten, so we enjoyed old country albums we hadn't heard in years, literally: Willie Nelson's "Red-Headed Stranger", which tells a complete story if you listen to every song; Roger Miller's Greatest Hits; depressingly sad Vern Gosdin; and one of Cliff's favorite singers, Ricky Van Shelton. That's who was singing when the deluge it us, south of Oak Grove. For a little taste of our drive home in the rain, click HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I want to go to Branson! I have never been but my parents have been a couple of times with the seniors group from their church in Florida. What beautiful granddaughters you have! Do they ride Blue? I've never had a roll thrown at me but it sounds like lots of fun! :o) We're getting the rainy weather this week, supposed to be yucky all week. At least I won't have to water all my flowers every day. Those Krispy Kremes sound yummy, never had one, I'm deprived I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:53 PM

    I LOVE riding in the rain and the music was good too. So you know I really enjoyed the video. It was rest for my brain.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!