Saturday, December 01, 2007

A brief word about my filly, Libby


Because I imagine not all my Blogger readers read my AOL journal, I figured I'd link to an entry about my two-and-one-half-year-old filly, Libby, in case you're interested.

I had reached a point with her where I had four choices: I could 1. let her be pasture furniture the rest of her life and pretend she's a big, friendly dog 2. Sell her and get very little money for her because horses
(especially young, grade fillies) aren't bringing much, 3. keep messing around with her until she spooks at a strange noise and I get hurt because, after all, I'm 63 and I break easily, or, 4. spend a few bucks paying someone to finish her out. If you're interested in finding out which choice I made, click HERE.

(Hint: I've grown very attached to Libby.)

4 comments:

  1. Cool, I didn't know you had another journal:) You might imagine as a dog trainer, I love hearing the animal stories. Never had a horse, and frankly since I train some of the bigger dogs, I would be leary of training anything over 130 pounds or so.

    Talking about breaking easily, I took a header off my bike while biking with my dog Jack the other day. I was very impressed when I got up and continued, albeit after five minutes of being in a fetal position waiting for the pain to go away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:01 PM

    She's a nice filly. I've got 18 horses right now, but one of my favorites is my three year old Mimi. I started her myself, but I don't know how much longer I'll be starting them. I'm a bit behind you age wise, but I sure don't bounce like I used to.

    Remudamom

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow! I think you are doing the right thing!

    youve done so well with Libbie. I think this little gal is going to make an easy $300. And, her price is excellent too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done excellent with Libby. Now it is time for finishing school.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!