Friday, February 22, 2013

Sonya's Taco Soup

My bloggie friend Sonya shared this recipe.  The only thing I have changed is that I add a can of Rotel tomatoes.  Also, I buy black beans and kidney beans dry, cook them, and freeze them in two-cup portions, and use those in place of canned beans.  It all works the same, but my frozen beans have no sodium.


TACO SOUP with BLACK BEANS
1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
15 1/4 oz. can corn, undrained
15 oz. can black beans, undrained
15 1/2 oz. can red kidney beans, undrained
1 envelope dry Hidden Valley Dressing mix
1 envelope dry taco seasoning
1 small onion, chopped
Tortilla or Corn chips
Shredded cheese
Sour Cream

1.  Combine all ingredients EXCEPT: chips, shredded cheese, and sour cream in slow cooker.  
2.  Cover. cook on Low 4-6 hours.  
3.  Garnish individual servings with chips, cheese, and sour cream.

This was taken from our Fix It and Forget It cookbook, which we love....Get you one if you don't have one.  We enjoy our fall and winters with lots of these crock pot recipes. 

4 comments:

  1. Can I fly you out here so that you can make it for me? It sounds WONDERFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May have to make it soon. Thanks for posting. I think all my blogs with recipes are private now. I need to find a new spot to park them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The soup does sound very good. I copied the recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. read your post about haveing food on hand, I am afraid to open pantry door, fear of falling canned food killing me.
    I told Fleta about likeing black beans and she cooked some. she called saying she could tell the difference in them and pinto. she said she added onion, celery, tomatoes and all sort of spices. i said no wonder you for got the beans.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!